CISA’s mission is to study and conduct applied research projects in the field of social innovation, the results of which are of practical relevance to society and the agriculture and agriculture and agri-food industry. CISA delivers its services through training, knowledge transfer, and civic education.
The Centre d’innovation sociale en agriculture (CISA) promotes a user-centreed participatory approach that involves identifying challenges and finding solutions to address them. Services provided by the CISA include diagnostic studies, surveys, evaluations and case studies, drawing up development plans, awareness raising activities and extension services, training and conferences.
In practical terms, its services are divided into three fields:
- Applied research and carrying out experimental projects
- Technical help
- Knowledge transfer.
- Aboriginal food system: gathering knowledge on traditional foods to improve the health of communities through healthy eating
- Contribution to social innovation through the robotization of an agricultural vehicle and the creation a meaningful relationships between the future users, designers and manufacturer of an electric and autonomous agricultural vehicle
- Innovative strategy to support the establishment and unrelated transfer of agricultural enterprises: set up and test a support system designed to facilitate the establishment and unrelated transfer (out-of-home) of agricultural enterprises
- Recycling of agricultural plastics: experimenting with a collaborative device to promote the optimization of a collection system for agricultural plastics