TransBIOTech’s mission is to support the innovation of companies by giving them access to state-of-the-art biotechnological expertise in life sciences. In synergy with its clients, TransBIOTech is committed to utilizing the expertise of our research professionals to rapidly support and achieve project goals that meet internationally recognized quality standards.
TransBIOTech is a centre for research and transfer of biotechnology for companies working in the life sciences and biotechnology. Its areas of expertise are the following:
- functional food
- pharmaceuticals (drugs)
- cosmetics and cosmeceuticals
- natural health products
- analytical chemistry.
- Characterization and assay of molecules or active ingredients in various environments: biological fluids, pharmaceutical formulations, agri-food matrices, medicinal plants, essential oils, nutraceuticals and functional foods
- Characterization and dosage of cosmetic and cosmeceutical products and their dermal evaluation: moisturizer, anti-aging, irritation, etc.
- Characterization and dosage of various metabolites (e.g. therapeutic compounds, complex matrices, environment, etc.)
- Development and validation of specialized analytical methods, transfer of analytical methods in industry
- Development of immunoassays and diagnostic kits
- Evaluation of the pre-clinical bioactivity and pharmacology of various products by the use of in vitro and in vivo models: inflammatory diseases (ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.), cancer, scarring (3D skin model), obesity, diabetes, antioxidant capacity, etc.
- Production and purification of recombinant proteins
- Flow cytometry
- Fluorescence microscope
- Liquid handling robot
- Plate reader (ELISA, fluorescence, luminescence)
- Real time PCR
- Gas chromatograph (GC)
- High-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- Mass spectrometer
- Quadrupole/time-of-flight tandem mass spectrometer with ion mobility (MS/MS, QTOF/IMS)
- UltraPerformance Convergence Chromatography (UPC2)
- Ultra-performance liquid chromatography (UPLC)
- In vivo imaging system
- Metabolic cages
- UVA and UVB irradiation unit
- Ventilated cages