The mission of ITEGA du collège de Maisonneuve is to support companies and organizations in their innovation approach and adoption of new knowledge in packaging and food processing to render them both more competitive in food markets and enable them to react proactively to changes in market trends.
ITEGA is a centre of scientific and technical expertise unique in Québec with its integrated product-process-packaging approach.
The centre supports companies from their idea to prototyping and real-world performance testing in order to develop and optimize innovative, market-friendly and sustainable packaging solutions.
ITEGA also intervenes on food processing and preservation processes to address current issues and challenges such as for health foods, clean label approaches or the use of new ingredients.
- Process development by enzymatic conversion
- Process optimization in the cheese industry
- Valuation of Agrobiofood residues in value-added products
- Development and prototyping of new packaging concepts
- Development of an active (antimicrobial) packaging film from biopolymers
- Development of innovation solutions for smart packaging using nanoparticles
- Increased shelf life of fresh food products with appropriate packaging and preservation processes
- Optimization of secondary and tertiary packaging to improve transport performance and reduce costs
- Bioreactors (2 liters and 100 liters)
- Enclosure at controlled temperature and humidity
- Gas mixer for modified atmosphere packaging (MAP)
- 3D printers (ceramic and filament) and thermoformer
- 3D printing (ceramic and filament) and thermoformer
- GC-MS and HPLC (migration analyses)
- Leak detection and seal integrity (large capacity)
- Skinpack packing equipment
- Top load equipment
- Tray sealing machine with or without MAP
- Vacuum packaging and MAP